An internship tailored just for you – a smart, ambitious woman looking to break the mold. We know about the tech industry’s reputation for being too male-driven (Hello, Silicon Valley), and even more so within the financial sector. To us, investing in women is a solid strategy. That’s because we know women make outstanding developers, but there’s just not a lot of female technologists in the field (yet). But we’re looking to change that. Starting with you!
What you can expect
The PEAK6 Technology Experience will introduce you to the basics of real-world software development, show you how empowering it can be, and help you develop key skills that you’ll leverage throughout your career. You will explore unique solutions and try new ideas that will benefit our financial services, trading businesses, and investment companies while working on current projects within the firm.
You will be a part of a fast-paced, invigorating environment that offers new challenges every day. Where you work closely with the end user, so the design-develop-deploy cycle is succinct, and the team thrives on collaboration and the ability to count on one another to get things done.
We’re looking for students who:
You’re intellectually curious and genuinely interested in data. You ask ‘why’, and push to identify areas of improvement.
You’re driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, beating them, and helping your teammates do the same. Your work ethic is legendary.
You use data to find new opportunities and take smart risks. You follow your instincts, but support your ideas with data.
You’re willing to challenge the status quo. You trust your instincts and will say what you think, even if it’s controversial. You’re a born leader.
Operate with integrity.
You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean, and mean what you say.
We’d love to hear from you! The PEAK6 Technology Experience is a ten-week program that brings together ambitious women like you from all around the country. And if you’re concerned about not knowing everything you need to know, don’t be — we’ll teach you.
- A graduation date between December 2019 – June 2020 in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- Software development skills in a modern, object-oriented programming language such as Java, Python, or Go, and the ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Exceptional problem solving skills with high attention to detail
- Curiosity to learn and a drive to improve
- Ability to thrive in collaborative environments
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability