PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member of our Executive Administration Team, you’ll have a big impact on the firm and our leadership team by helping to manage their professional operations with a positive attitude and resourceful, ego-free team.
We pride ourselves on our relentless attention to detail and place an immense value on day-to-day management of our teams, space, and resources. Our team is scrappy, high energy, and dedicated to maintaining high standards, while maintaining our ability to stay cool under pressure.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Maintaining an accurate and detailed calendar for COO, manage and log incoming scheduling requests, re-schedule meetings upon request, proactively communicate changes, and anticipate and respond to scheduling conflicts
- Tracking COO’s tasks and projects to ensure appropriate prioritization of projects with respect to deadlines and organizational developments
- Organizing internal and external meeting for COO, including logistical and substantive preparation
- Providing special project leadership and support as needed.
- Conducting preliminary research on a variety of topics; draft materials as needed
- General admin duties, including travel coordination and booking, reconciling expense reports and budgets, filing, correspondence, etc
- Understanding priorities, as well as short-term strategies and layout a plan of how and when to tackle.
- Handling confidential information; organizing and maintaining files.
- Interacting, coordinating, and keeping track of multiple external vendors.
- Completing and submiting expense reports in a timely manner
- Ensuring consistent and efficient interaction with other executive assistants across the organization; demonstrate poise and tact under pressure and handle matters with sound judgment and confidentiality
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including working directly with senior leadership.
- A strong work ethic and sense of responsibility, reliability, and responsiveness.
- A sature judgement and resilience under stress of deadlines and demands.
- Enthusiasm to learn and drive work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand
- The ability to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information
- Self-starter, solution-focused with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Energy and a desire to tackle new projects
- Demonstrated ability to understand multiple, diverse stakeholders through all levels of an organization
- Flexible and resourceful approach to effectively managing workloads to meet deadlines, while delivering high-quality work
- Ability to function effectively in a highly charged executive environment
- Low ego, be a good sounding board for others, as well as the ability to anticipate the needs of a busy executive and direct staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must
- A collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Executive Assistant/Project Manager you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program
Learn more about our culture on our website at peak6.com/culture.