Apex Clearing is currently looking for a Contractor - Junior Fraud Analyst with investigation, fraud detection and prevention, and anti-money laundering (AML) experience in the brokerage or banking industries. The role will be focused on the development and maintenance of a robust fraud detection and prevention program, the processing, identifying and investigating of system-generated suspicious transaction alerts, and responding to a variety of internal and external inquiries.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is collaborative. You’re comfortable closely interacting with many other internal departments and external organizations.
- Is analytical. You’re able to exercise discretion in the process of identifying and resolving problems/issues relating to fraudulent activity and escalate appropriately.
- Wants to make an impact. You can suggest and implement enhancements to internal processes and additional report generation.
- Can think outside of the box. You can make sound subjective decisions to close risky relationships, place and remove restrictions.
- Is motivated. You’re driven to tackle ad-hoc assignments above and beyond the scope of your job description.
What you’ll do all day:
- Conduct thorough investigations. Review all information acquired from internal and external reporting sources.
- Apply deductive reasoning to potential fraud events. Review incoming funds, money movements, and account changes for fraudulent or unauthorized activity from an analytic, forensic and investigative standpoint
- Manage internal escalations. Review escalations from other business departments and associations.
- Take care of Apex clients. Work with account holders and investigating agencies to resolve potential issues.
- Expand industry knowledge. Remain current on industry trends and be mindful of new tactics and methods as they are shared by national organizations that focus on fraud & AML.
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re a leader in the space. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. You get the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture.
- Our team is passionate and driven to succeed. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and determined as you are.
- Your work will be immediately impactful. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You do not like being challenged. Each situation may present something new and unknown, something exciting. You will need to find problems, solutions and accept new challenges. If you’d prefer to have your Manager’s buy-in every step of the way, this is not a job for you.
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes ‘predictable’. Our customer’s needs are dynamic and can change rapidly, which means the work is dynamic. It’s a fast-paced environment and you need to adapt accordingly. You won’t be bored.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We bring ideas to the table and we work together to solve these challenges. If you’re looking solely to be an independent contributor, this might not be the right position for you.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in fraud investigations/AML role.
- Brokerage and/or banking industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of options and securities trading is preferred.
- Prior experience in administering all aspects of an investigation, including the recovery of assets, assisting victims, preparing case summaries, and writing SARs are required.
- Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- SQL experience is preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner.
- Strong written and verbal communications with an attention to detail and ability to deal with sensitive communication appropriately.
- CFE and/or CAMS is preferred.