Operations Specialist Intern, Summer 2020
Work Location: Dallas, TX
Employee Type: Intern
Is Position Eligible for current and/or future Visa Sponsorship: No
Application Ends: April 6, 2020
Offers by: April 30, 2020
Start: June 1, 2020 – August 7, 2020
APEX CLEARING – Operations Intern
Apex delivers speed, efficiency & flexibility through technology solutions to firms ranging from innovative start-ups to blue-chip brands who choose to grow with us. We embrace a culture of growth, experimentation, and creativity. Employees of Apex are asked to exercise their own responsibility and freedom, allowing each person to have a measurable impact on the business and provide plenty of opportunity for advancement and personal growth. Sound like something you would want to be a part of? We're hiring!
Start your career by joining a thriving, successful team enabling innovation within the financial services industry. Apex Clearing is seeking an intern to join the Operations team. This team is focused on creating efficiencies, driving operational excellence, and delivering a world class experience to our customers. The Operations team is charged with ensuring our clients can operate their business within a friction-less environment.
We are currently looking for an Operations Specialist intern to join our office in downtown Dallas, TX. The intern must be able to commit to a 10 week full-time (40hrs/week) internship during Summer 2020. Not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What you’ll do all day:
- Help us learn and adapt. You will participate in a Summer-long project that is focused on analyzing all of our Operations departments. The goal of the project is to identify inefficiencies in our existing workflows and to develop and deliver creative solutions to enable our business to operate in a seamless manner.
- Perform business analytics. Unlike traditional Operations internships, where you focus on learning how to process various requests, our internship is focused on having you think critically about why we do things the way we do today and how we might improve them.
- Build relationships. In addition to building strong relationships within Apex Operations, you’ll also interface with many internal groups to understand how we can leverage technology and other resources to operate more effectively.
- Impact our business. Each day you’ll have the opportunity to do good work that directly impacts the growth of our business and improves the client experience.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Interest in financial services
- Previous industry experience
- Be currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree program in Business or other related major. Junior/Senior standing preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Effective inter-personal, verbal, and written communication skills
- A strong understanding of Windows-based applications, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Relevant work experience or work experience in a professional environment (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs, etc)