PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with business and technology teams on developing front-end applications that enable our firm to work smarter and faster, while broadening our impact on how our trading teams leverage and visualize data.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology platform in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Providing guidance around front-end best practices and documentation while researching and exploring new frameworks/libraries our teams can be leveraging.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Experience with Node.js bundlers
- Familiarity with D3 or other data visualization libraries
- Familiarity with React.js/Redux
- Experience in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience using and promoting tools and libraries that drive efficiency and quality.
- Experience with API methodologies, including but not limited to REST
- Experience defining and leading web UI architectural direction
All of our developers have these traits. You should, too.
Motivation Collaboration Curiosity
Integrity Adaptability Ingenuity
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Senior Front-End Developer you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program
- Learn more about our culture on our website at peak6.com/culture.