Direct and supervise the work of Compliance Professionals. Manage compliance and regulatory activities to ensure adherence to the National Flood Insurance Program, or “NFIP”, guidelines and regulations. Will also support Internal Audit and training activities relative to the business unit’s objectives and commitments to clients.
- Lead team of Compliance Professionals.
- Understand and apply complex National Flood Insurance Program rules and regulations to individual flood insurance policy information.
- Process inquiries from multiple agencies/companies in a timely manner.
- Prepare and distribute documents and other communication materials relating to compliance and regulatory Conduct comprehensive compliance reviews and risk assessments of business activities, practices and controls; identify and mitigate potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, provide guidance to business leaders and compliance staff on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Conduct timely and accurate reporting of information.
- Conduct research and analysis of client compliance issues.
- Effectively communicate complex technical information to agents or other external contacts, including the NFIP and FEMA, using written and/or verbal communication.
- Coordinate external audits and assist with internal company audits and training.
- Enhance, develop, and provide training and support to other departments on current processes and procedures as it pertains to Compliance.
- Oversee the maintenance of required books and records, including retention and destruction policies.
- Effectively communicate with all leaders and colleagues
Required Skills and Experience:
Job Related Experience:
- Ten years of relevant compliance experience, preferably in the insurance industry or other financial services industry
- Thorough understanding of the National Flood Insurance Program is preferred
- Customer Service experience including verbal/telephone skills
- Leadership experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead a team
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems using experience and professional judgment
- Track record of integrity and commitment to professional ethics
- Action oriented and focused on making recommendations to solve for problems with poise and courtesy
- Ability to maintain and display a positive attitude at all times, supporting business needs and changes
- NFIP subject matter expert preferred but not required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work with frequent and multiple policy, procedure, and regulation changes
- Proficiency at keying alpha and numeric information with accuracy and speed
- Knowledge of basic equipment functions, such as how to create and maintain files, printing, copying, phone messaging and voicemail
- Exhibit superior service skills to build customer rapport and address questions regarding NFIP rules and regulations
- Ability to work with frequent and multiple policy, procedure, and regulation changes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines while adjusting to and implementing numerous policy and procedural changes
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent. College Degree preferred.
- Position requires the ability to hear and communicate clearly, orally and in writing
- Uses vision to view screens, create and review documents; requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Capable of using a keyboard effectively
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk and may occasionally lift and move 25 pounds
- Flexibility to work frequent extended hours, including on weekends, evening, and holidays
- Ability to travel as need arises
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization.
About National Flood Services:
Making a difference in people’s lives is the core value behind our efforts and the guiding principle that connects our team of 600 National Flood Services colleagues across the nation as we help rebuild lives devastated by flood. Today, NFS services more than 1.9 million flood policies and $ 1.5 billion flood insurance premium annually for our clients. We embrace innovation and quality, consistently delivering solutions that provide viable options for property owners, covering a broad range of needs in a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
By applying for a position with NFS, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with NFS employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
NFS is committed to a diverse workforce as an equal employment opportunity employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.