IT User Support Intern, Summer 2020
Work Location: Dallas, TX
Employee Type: Intern
Is Position Eligible for current and/or future Visa Sponsorship: No
Application Ends: April 6, 2020
Offers by: April 30, 2020
Start: June 1, 2020 – August 7, 2020
APEX CLEARING – IT User Support Intern
Apex delivers speed, efficiency & flexibility through technology solutions to firms ranging from innovative start-ups to blue-chip brands who choose to grow with us. We embrace a culture of growth, experimentation, and creativity. Employees of Apex are asked to exercise their own responsibility and freedom, allowing each person to have a measurable impact on the business and provide plenty of opportunity for advancement and personal growth. Sound like something you would want to be a part of? We're hiring!
Become an IT User Support intern at Apex. This is an incredible opportunity for an intern to join a team passionate about an innovative and techy environment, while providing superior internal support for employees, clients, and guests.
We are currently looking for 2 IT User Support interns to join our headquarters in Dallas, TX. The intern must be able to commit to a 10 week full-time (40hrs/week) internship during Summer 2020. Not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What you’ll do all day:
- We have several initiatives currently underway. Let's establish your areas of interest and define a challenging but attainable project deliverable for your internship.
Additional IT User Support Intern responsibilities could include:
- Support a cross platform environment. Apex believes in providing the right tools to make its staff as productive and effective in their role as possible. Through effective and friendly service, help ensure a frictionless work environment for Mac and Windows users, providing a smooth and positive experience for all
- Enable our staff to be effective and productive. Eliminate roadblocks, delays and poor user experiences. React quickly to user reports; Identify smart and creative ways to solve any issues or challenges.
- Make us better. What new cool, innovative and smart technologies are emerging on the market that will make us better? Love to automate existing systems & processes? We want to be different and we want people to look at us as leaders in finding or building cutting edge technologies.
- Reduce toil. As front line support staff, keep a keen eye out for chronic user problems to reduce their occurrence and impact to the organization
- Design & Document. Identify processes gaps or create automated solutions to help us run more efficiently
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program majoring in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other technical major and returning to the program after the completion of the internship and graduating by June 2021
- Scripting abilities (e.g. Powershell, Python, Groovy, Ruby)
- Be able to commit to a 10 week full-time (40hrs/week) internship during Summer 2020
- Great customer service mentality
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Effective inter-personal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Have a real passion for Information Technology, as demonstrated by previous internships, work experience, projects, or publications
- Knowledge of ticketing software (e..g Jira, Zendesk)
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and Mac OS and Linux support