IT Application Support Intern, Summer 2020
Work Location: Dallas, TX
Employee Type: Intern
Is Position Eligible for current and/or future Visa Sponsorship: No
Application Ends: April 6, 2020
Offers by: April 30, 2020
Start: June 1, 2020 – August 7, 2020
APEX CLEARING – IT App Support Intern
Apex delivers speed, efficiency & flexibility through technology solutions to firms ranging from innovative start-ups to blue-chip brands who choose to grow with us. We embrace a culture of growth, experimentation, and creativity. Employees of Apex are asked to exercise their own responsibility and freedom, allowing each person to have a measurable impact on the business and provide plenty of opportunity for advancement and personal growth. Sound like something you would want to be a part of? We're hiring!
Become an IT Application Support intern at Apex. This is an incredible opportunity for a technical intern to join a team focused on improving and maintaining the reliability of Apex’s software and services platform.
We are currently looking for 2 IT App Support interns to join our headquarters in Dallas, TX. The intern must be able to commit to a 10 week full-time (40hrs/week) internship during Summer 2020. Not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What you’ll do all day:
- We have several initiatives currently underway. Let's establish your areas of interest and define a challenging but attainable project deliverable for your internship.
Additional IT App Support Intern responsibilities could include:
- Deliver results. Collaborate with those around you to produce lean, pragmatic solutions in a predictable and transparent way. Using modern tools and techniques with lightweight agile process, you will join a team of technologists in delivering and supporting high-impact solutions for Apex customers.
- Support our world class client base. Promote a culture of quick and effective reactions to client reports; Identify smart and creative ways to solve issues and challenges
- Keep your finger on the pulse of our systems. You’re in tune at all times with the health of our system thru monitoring and data visualization tools. Monitor ticket and event queues, triaging and classifying events, closing out tickets, escalating potential incidents
- Make us better. What new cool, innovative and smart technologies are emerging on the market that will make us better? Love to automate existing systems & processes? We want to be different and we want people to look at us as leaders in finding or building cutting edge technologies.
- Design & Document. Identify processes gaps or create automated solutions to help us run more efficiently
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program majoring in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical major and returning to the program after the completion of the internship and graduating by June 2021
- Scripting abilities (e.g. Powershell, Python, Groovy, Ruby)
- Be able to commit to a 10 week full-time (40hrs/week) internship during Summer 2020
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Effective inter-personal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Have a real passion for Information Technology, as demonstrated by previous internships, work experience, projects, or publications
- Exposure to support Restful and SOAP APIs, Micro Services, and other customer oriented technology platforms
- Exposure to monitoring and visualization tools (Grafana, Prometheus, Datadog, Elastic, Kibana, etc...) or a willingness to learn