Client Services Specialist Intern, Summer 2020
Work Location: Dallas, TX
Employee Type: Intern
Is Position Eligible for current and/or future Visa Sponsorship: No
Application Ends: April 6, 2020
Offers by: April 30, 2020
Start: June 1, 2020 – August 7, 2020
APEX CLEARING – Client Services Intern
Apex delivers speed, efficiency & flexibility through technology solutions to firms ranging from innovative start-ups to blue-chip brands who choose to grow with us. We embrace a culture of growth, experimentation, and creativity. Employees of Apex are asked to exercise their own responsibility and freedom, allowing each person to have a measurable impact on the business and provide plenty of opportunity for advancement and personal growth. Sound like something you would want to be a part of? We're hiring!
Start your career by joining a thriving, successful team enabling innovation within the financial services industry. Apex Clearing is seeking an intern to join the Client Services team. This team is focused on building strong relationships with business partners, correspondents, and colleagues. Client Services Specialists serve as the initial point of contact for Apex Clearing customers.
We are currently looking for a Client Services intern to join our office in downtown Dallas, TX. The intern must be able to commit to a 10 week full-time (40hrs/week) internship during Summer 2020. Not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What you’ll do all day:
- Help us learn and adapt. By giving regular client feedback to account executives and proactively notifying management of trends and opportunities relating to bottlenecks and systematic issues, you’ll help us grow our business by making smart changes.
- Follow policies and procedures to set up customers for success. You’ll work with clients and Apex operational units to process and prepare things like contract renewals, settlement inquiries, customer entitlements, new branch set-ups, fee implementation, and new client integrations – just to name a few!
- Build relationships. In addition to building strong relationships with Apex customers, you’ll also interface with many internal groups to foster client success.
- Support customers. Help troubleshoot customer issues and act as a liaison to other operational areas.
- Impact our business. Each day you’ll have the opportunity to do good work that directly impacts the growth of our business.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Interest in financial services
- Previous customer service experience
- Be currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree program in Business or other related major and graduating by June 2021. Junior standing preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Effective inter-personal, verbal, and written communication skills
- A strong understanding of Windows-based applications, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- SIE Exam or ability to complete & pass SIE exam in the future
- Relevant work experience or work experience in a professional environment (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs, etc)