The User Experience lead is responsible for overseeing the complete design and documentation of product interfaces and ensuring they are delivered according to product design system guidelines and specifications. This role ensures that user-centered design processes are followed and delivered at a high level of quality, including performing design project management and roadmap creation. This role should have a certain level of technical proficiency and understanding of front-end technologies, can develop interactive prototypes, and works proactively with technical, QA, and documentation teams to co-ordinate necessary activities and recommend improvements / initiatives. They set the overall vision for user experience design, behaviors, and aesthetics, and works closely with other teams to ensure the delivery and management of a product design system. This role also recommends process improvements and workflows.
As a User Experience Lead, you will oversee the execution of the entire product interface design process, including collection of user insights and performance of competitive analysis, development of wireframes and product design recommendations while iterating with users and stakeholders, and performing usability testing. This role is also required to develop and communicate project plans, oversee the creation and management of all project work tickets, as well as coordinating their time and deliverables with technical documentation, QA, and front end development team members and product managers. You will have oversight over the development and implementation of a product design system along with the documentation, QA, and engineering teams. Using a mix of creativity and strong analytical skills, you will develop and execute strategy to turn ideas into an optimization and testing plan to ensure a seamless, consistent and intuitive experience for Apex system users. Strong technical experience is desired, especially hands-on experience building, testing, or documenting software products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide research and analysis to guide web and digital experiences and services to ensure high engagement across all devices.
- Maintain high level of motivation to solve existing problems while anticipating new/unknown issues.
- Manage and conduct all UX research activities, including: A/B testing, usability studies, interviews, and analytics reviews to develop interaction models of our web services and determine winners.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Marketing, Digital, Creative, and Development.
- Utilize user journey maps, empathy maps, wireframes, mockups and other tools to help clarify user experience objectives for internal stockholders and craft intuitive experiences.
- Apply user preferences and behaviors through qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Use an iterative approach to optimization, continuously taking results and data to form new hypotheses and tests.
- Communicate results and propose design changes to both technical and non-technical teams, recommending appropriate layout and design for emails, forms, and web pages.
- Provide feedback, guidance, and training on implementation processes and review to ensure user experience guidelines are followed and kept current.
- Actively participate in shaping Apex's overall digital strategy and process.
- Work with internal teams and external vendors in the creation and maintenance of web and digital components.
- Contribute to requirements and design documents.
- Provides consistent leadership to each individual; sets objectives; reviews performance, produces career development plans, and addresses concerns.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years as UX Design Professional, and at least 2 in lead designer roles
- Mastery of user-centered design processes and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability
- Experience performing usability audits / evaluations and communicating design feedback
- Strong knowledge in UX software such as Axure RP, Sketch, Omnigraffle, InVision etc
- Diverse experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, including responsive web design
- Proficient in the industry's latest trends and technologies and certification in User experience design or related field is a plus
- Strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously along with the ability to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans
- Experience with enterprise or financial systems a plus