Evil Geniuses, one of the oldest and most recognizable brands in professional gaming, was founded 20 years ago on the belief that passion, commitment and innovation could transform a beloved interest into a global phenomenon. Today, we look for people who share that same drive and dedication to help us continue to build on the rich organization that is Evil Geniuses.
You will be responsible for the critical day-to-day accounting transactions for Evil Geniuses, from multi-sourced revenue streams to a variety of vendor payments to managing month-end close tasks.
This is an exciting position to add experience as part of a stellar team in the fast-paced world of eSports.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading and managing the operational and transactional processes impacting the financial statements, including closing/reporting, cash, intercompany expenses
- Managing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Completing Month-End Close: which includes posting journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts and preparing monthly financials
- Partnering closely with Evil Geniuses’ Human Resources team regularly to capture and review impacts of payroll updates
- Liaising with various corporate shared services teams at Evil Geniuses’ parent company as necessary (e.g. FP&A, Accounting, Legal, etc.)
- Supporting customer and vendor relationships
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 5-7 years of experience in Accounting, Auditing and/or Controllership with at least 2+ years in a senior role
- Ability to swiftly shift gears between various accounting tasks
- Ability to solve problems independently and propose solutions
- Strong Excel skills
- Desire to join a diverse and experienced leadership team in a fast-paced, exciting culture
- Relevant industry knowledge is a plus
- NetSuite experience is a plus