This is an incredible opportunity for a Senior Technical Project Manager to join a team focused on improving and maintaining the reliability of Apex’s software and services platform. Have you been waiting on the opportunity to join a winning technology team? Now’s your chance.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate. You have a genuine passion for technology. You love using technology differently to maximize opportunity and impact for customers and you have a way of bringing out that same fire in your team.
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best – whether that’s decreasing system down time or making an innovative change to “how it’s always been done” resulting in a more efficient way of supporting the customer. You challenge yourself by setting goals and exceeding them.
- Is collaborative. You’re excited to work with fellow technologists and big thinkers. You know how to collaborate not only within the department, but also across the organization.
- Wants to make an impact. You’re looking to do amazing work. You value preventing problems from occurring over being caught in the chaos zone putting out fires and looking for the “hero” spotlight.
What you’ll do all day:
- Own and manage projects. As a senior technical project manager, you will be responsible for problem-finding, planning, and execution of projects, You will ensure stakeholders are clear on project deliverables and business outcomes, and provide consistent, transparent, communication of progress to all stakeholders.
- Build trust via transparency. You will communicate openly, effectively, and often to all project stakeholders, all the way up to the CEO and down to the front line. Stakeholders will see the great project plans you build with your teams and trust you will get the job done.
- Enable smooth execution. You will collaborate with multiple leaders across the business on the planning and execution of projects you may or may not be running, and help to remove obstacles impeding team progress and efficiency.
- Minimize surprises. You will anticipate risks before they occur and develop plans to mitigate challenges or capitalize on opportunities.
- Foster process consistency. You will understand how to implement process improvements without being heavy-handed, partnering with process owners to build consensus and buy-in and help document, monitor, evangelize, train, and administer processes.
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re a leader in the space. Apex is recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently. You’ll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate technologists dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers’ problems.
- Your work will have immediate impact. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes “predictable.” The job is based on the unknown which inevitably means change. If you like to know what you’re going to do every day, you may not like working on this team. You have to go with the flow here.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for our customers. We think two brains are better than one so we do most of our work together. Team work makes the dream work on this team.
- You’re a tech snob. We deal with all technology – Linux and Windows; .NET and Java; SQL and noSQL (mongoDB); RabbitMQ and other open source tools and libraries. We love technology and want to work with all of it. If you’re wed to a particular shop, you may not like working for us.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, CS, Engineering, Physics or the equivalent
- 5+ years of experience managing technology projects; SaaS, Infrastructure and/or software development related projects, ideally in a Financial Services (FinTech) and/or Technology firm
- Solid experience in Agile development methodology and SDLC
- Solid experience with new process implementations that are not heavy-handed
- Ability to wear multiple hats on multiple projects simultaneously, helping to fill gaps in teams
- Great at communication up, across, and down an organization as well as the ability to easily interface with customers, vendors, and regulators
- Proficient with software planning and collaboration tools – Confluence and Jira preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication