We are looking for a technical, entrepreneurial-minded executive to lead a small, but intense group of product visionaries to help us create solutions that modernize the traditional financial services industry. Your team will envision, roadmap, and execute on delivering technologies and solutions that will simplify and automate clearing, custody, books, and records processing for the financial services marketplace alongside experienced technologists and industry SMEs.
The role is for someone who is customer-obsessed and keen on applying modern technology to replace monolithic and hard-to-access incumbent systems. Along the way you will learn about the problem space and reimagine existing solutions. You will define, sell, and communicate the product vision; document and prioritize requirements; drive alignment around product initiatives; produce go-to-market plans; and execute with high-performing teams.
This leader must come with a deep and strong background in systems and processes used to perform clearing, custody, and core books and records processing for wide class of financial instruments.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team with the urgency of a startup and expertise of an established company. We are a flat organization which will afford you the ability to gain access to personnel and resources necessary to execute on your product vision. PEAK6 is a privately-held organization focused on delivering long-term value rather than short-term gains. This translates to a focus on bringing solutions to the problems that bedevil an industry rather than bespoke products. Due to the space we innovate in, your products will process billions of transactions per day, in real-time, and power both startup and established industry participants.
You will report to the CEO while working closely with engineering and the rest of the organization.
- Lead and develop the product management team
- As a part of the senior management, lead our product platform internally and externally, transforming the worlds of brokerage, wealth management, clearing and custody.
- Manage and develop product managers who are matrixed in to agile teams.
- Own ongoing analysis and documentation
- Build and maintain product catalogs and heat-maps, ensuring a shared understanding of where we are and where we’re going
- Conduct market and competitive analyses, identifying points of risk and opportunity
- Develop and maintain a product strategy that aligns to the market and corporate strategy
- Manage the delivery and execution of the comprehensive product roadmap over multiple cycles
- Create a shared understanding and establish ways of talking about our products and technology in its current state
- Incorporate operational and compliance concerns in developing product strategy
- Work across business disciplines to create shared understanding and coordinated plans
- Coordinate with sales and clients to consolidate and synthesize feedback into useful information for product development
- Work with marketing and sales to communicate product benefits and functionality. Participate in market positioning and development of product launch campaigns, etc.
- Work with engineering to create a clear understanding of goals and promote creation of shared components and services
- Has successfully owned product management at a tech-forward company with a compelling and complex platform
- Deep knowledge and experience in platforms, solutions and processes associated with custody, clearing and books and records processing in the financial services industry
- Clear verbal and written communicator who values clarity and consistency, who can explain why a product was built, how it serves the needs of the company, etc.
- Technical: understands and can code to APIs; can explain system architecture
- Detail oriented and highly organized; capable of effortlessly managing prioritization and driving delivery
- Able to be a public face of our company at events, with the media, with clients, etc.
- Empathetic as a leader of people, and towards clients and end-users
- Pragmatic about reconciling vision to what is possible / practical.
- Able to develop revenue models, commercial terms, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other math, science, or engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years managing product management experience
- Experience and comfort with agile development and the DevSecOps mindset
- Experience building cross platform, multi-tenet, SAAS products, preferably in time-critical applications
- Proven track record of leading functional groups, defining, documenting, delivering and measuring value
- High level knowledge of application architecture including concepts of authentication, web server, database servers, micro-services, firewalls, monitoring systems, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment with many variables and a degree of uncertainty
- Experience in the financial services industry, especially in back office applications and processing is a plus