Cloud Engineers (SREs) at Apex solve operational problems thru automation. We've recently begun our transformation from on-premise infrastructure to the cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes & Google Cloud specifically), and our Cloud/SRE team is taking a central role in making this happen.
SRE and DevOps are both heavily overloaded terms in our industry, so let's be specific. We love candidates that are passionate about creating automation which build reliability into our systems. We want people who are motivated to build tooling which make our systems easier to operate, or tooling that makes a job easier for their colleagues (including developers, ITOps, and other SREs).
We are especially interested in candidates with experience in any one of the following four areas:
- Kubernetes: Google Kubernetes Engine, Rancher, GitOps / Weave.works, and Docker. CKA/CKAD certs are a plus.
- Configuration Management: Saltstack, Chef, or Puppet
- Cloud Automation & Management: Terraform, Cloud Formation, or Pulumi of either GCP, AWS, or Azure. Experience building & enforcing IAM strategies. Cloud certs are a plus.
- CI/CD: Building CI/CD pipelines, especially docker-based pipelines (e.g., CircleCI, Buddy.works, CodeFresh, Jenkins X, Argo).
Apex is hiring SREs across all levels of experience, from 1-2 years to 15+. At Apex good ideas are currency, both in terms of influence and getting things done. We seek out and welcome SRE thought leaders with open arms. We value being collaborative, open, respectful and at all levels of the organization -- this is our "no jerks" policy.
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We're a leader in the space. Apex is recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We've got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently. You'll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers problems.
- Your work will have immediate impact. You'll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients. You won't be just another talented engineer chained to a desk slinging lines of code.