The Apex Finance team is looking for an energetic Accountant, with 3-5 years’ experience, and an accounting degree to join our team as a full time Sr. Accounting analyst. The team is a critical feedback point in the Apex business and engages actively with internal operations counterparts to build strong processes and communicate results. The Finance team develops its employee base through regularly increasing responsibility sets by sharing opportunity across its divisions of Accounting, Regulatory Reporting and Customer Billing. We are looking for a go getter who wants to bring their all to the table to help achieve our continuous improvement commitment. Candidates should expect a lot of autonomy and will be a valued member of the team so should be prepared to execute independently on directions, and contribute feedback regularly.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate. You have a genuine passion for people and developing relationships
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same
- Is collaborative. You’re excited to work with others throughout the organization to help foster a superior work place and culture
- Wants to make an impact. You’re looking to do amazing work. You’re all about helping employees be happier at work and perform at a superior level
- Operates with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean, and mean what you say
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re a leader in the space. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture.
- The team is really motivating. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and determined as you are. You’ll be managed by the best, too.
- Your work will be immediately impactful. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our department. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes ‘predictable’. The market is dynamic which means the work is dynamic. It’s a fast-paced environment and you need to adapt to adapt accordingly. You won’t be bored.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for our internal teams. If you’re looking to hide out and do your own thing, this might not be the right spot.
- You like task singularity. You have to be able to multi-task. If you are single threaded and have to work on a task for start to finish, you may not like this role. We need someone who can switch gears smoothly while still juggling competing priorities.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Individuals with a B.S. in accounting, and has 3-5 years’ experience should apply
- Responsible for analyzing, estimating, and record month end expense accruals to expense ledger accounts, and drive expense reporting and A/P process to facilitate close and expense analysis by budget owner
- Daily and monthly reconciliations of all classes of general ledger and sub-ledger accounts
- Responsible for revenue analysis and revenue recognition process for all classes of Clearing broker revenues (analysis, recording, and reporting on results)
- Work with other business leads to review revenues and forecast projections. Must be good with spreadsheets of large amounts of data
- Interfacing with Customer Billing team, and others, to ensure amounts are posted to proper G/L accounts, and flow through to customer bills
- Various accounting duties as necessary including payroll analysis, 401k plan review and audit, fixed asset management, and other analysis as needed
- Implement process improvements around operational and transactional processes impacting the financial statements, including closing/reporting, cash, intercompany expenses and accounts payable
- Supporting annual independent audit and regulatory audits as required
- Participating in accounting, billing and/or regulatory reporting team projects as necessary
- Good communication skills are a must as this individual will be asked to independently engage with all areas of Apex’s business