NFS makes a difference in people’s lives which is the core value behind our work to help rebuild lives devastated by flood. We are focused on growth and innovation and placing the customer experience at the forefront of our every day. If you are ready to kick start a career that has an impact every day this could be your opportunity.
We are looking for a Self-starter who works collaboratively in a team environment to join our Finance team.
As a General Ledger (G/L) Accountant you will provide, under general supervision, a variety of reoccurring and complex bookkeeping duties to include gathering, organizing and preparing journal entries. Entries will be posted on accounting General Ledger software. Reconciliations will be prepared. Additional duties requested may include preparation, posting, reconciliation and month end reporting and account balancing.
- Daily processing of expense allowance and cash management including funds to FEMA
- Daily funds transfers via banking software and posting to general ledger
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and G/L accounts and stale check processing
- Input and approve various bank wires and Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions
- Gather, organize and prepare journal entries working with company accounting software while following established bookkeeping and accounting procedures
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare FEMA/NFIP financial statements, exhibits, and reconciliations
- Variance analysis for reporting, general ledger transaction vs. TRRP statistically
- Preparation of journal entries for both NFS accounting and FEMA accounting
- Posting journal entries on multiple systems
- Maintain confidentiality of company, client and employee information and data
- 2 year or greater Accounting degree required. Bachelors preferred.
Job Related Experience:
- 1+ years prior accounting and/or bookkeeping experience required
- Basic financial statement and general ledger knowledge required
Skills and Abilities:
- Keyboarding skills to include 10 key and data entry skills
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Interpersonal, writing, decision making skills
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Exercise limited independent judgment to apply standardized guidelines
- Requires attention to detail and high standards of accuracy
- Curious mindset with a focus on process improvement