We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. It's been over 20 years since we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology to use in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and e-sports, while always proving value to the customer. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms, and we continue to evolve. You'll find a bit of everything here, and we're always looking to take on new endeavors.
As our Vice President of Shared IT Services at PEAK6, you’ll have a big impact on the firm across all entities. You’ll manage and shape our desktop and end user support teams and have genuine opportunities to shape and define the processes and how those teams impact the firm. This is a role for someone who flourishes in a fast paced environment, who can work with minimal direction, and has a solid understanding of what best-in-class service and support truly looks like. This role will report into the various CEO’s and CTO’s across all entities.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building a shared services solution, along with your teams, that is compelling and one that business units will want to use.
- Lead the evolution and capability enhancements of PEAK6’s technologies globally while empowering high levels of workflow and collaboration across internal end user teams
- Working closely with the executive teams and C-suite to communicate desktop and end user support solutions, while being cost efficient
- Managing and guiding the technical direction of the desktop and end user support teams across multiple cities and entities
- Develop strong relationships with business teams to ensure that daily technology service needs are met and issues resolved on time.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in the field of Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent fields.
- 10+ years’ experience managing and/or directing projects
- Expert knowledge of Windows, Mac Systems, workstations, IM, email, printers, and software of all kinds.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies, enterprise networking, Windows/Linux server administration
- Experience working with the executive and c-level suite in putting together budget and technology solution roadmaps
- Experience managing global projects, including the communications processes required to organize smooth global roll-outs.
- Ability to travel around 20%
All of our employees have these traits. You should, too.
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Vice President of Shared IT Services, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program