PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a Director of Information Security on our Shared Services team at PEAK6 Investments, you’ll have a big impact on the firm with managing our proprietary trading entity as well as other entities under the PEAK6 Investments umbrella. You will have genuine opportunities to design and implement projects to identify risks in the PEAK6 infrastructure, applications, and processes and make appropriate recommendations to mitigate risk. This is a role for someone who flourishes in a fast paced environment, great people management skills, and has a solid understanding of protecting a firm in a regulatory environment.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the oversight and direction of the information security program across Capital Management and other entities under the PEAK6 Investments umbrella.
- Managing the development, implementation, and enforcement of corporate-wide information security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Translating technical risks into interpretable organizational risks for wide-ranging corporate audiences, including CEOs and CTOs of our portfolio businesses and our senior leadership.
- Responsible to interface with various internal and external clients, audit agencies, and regulatory entities to establish communication, cooperation, and compliance of information security standards and requirements.
- Managing the financial budget for assigned area as well as other senior level duties as assigned.
- Conducting an assessment of the maturity of current security programs and capabilities to create a strategic security road-map outlining necessary resources and requirements, with leadership buy-in, for a world-class public company security program.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 10+ years as an Information Security Leader
- Experience with IT security and privacy risk assessments and audits of IT general security controls.
- Relevant work experience across modern engineering/product teams or within the technology organization. Proven track record implementing the following programs: incident response, threat intelligence, DLP/DR/BCP, IAM, information privacy, SOC management, security architecture, security policy/advocacy and risk assessments
- Good working knowledge of infrastructure security concepts including firewalls, DMZs, intrusion detection/prevention systems, network security, DLP, MFA, EDR, application security concepts, password management, RBAC, and access provisioning.
- CISM and CISSP is required with having either CIPP or CISA as a bonus.
- Technical foundation (EE/CS degree), but also a business mindset and an innate ability to translate technical vulnerabilities into broader organizational risks for senior leadership.
- Must have strong leadership and excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to lead high-visibility projects that require collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders to develop and implement consensual decisions.
- Must be well organized, solution-oriented and have strong process management skills.
- Experience with the phases of the software development life-cycle.
- Ability to document policies, procedures and technical diagrams.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Ability to serve broadly as a security advocate and authority.
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
As a PEAK6 Director of Shared Information Security Services you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Corn hole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program