We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. It's been over 20 years since we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology to use in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and e-sports, while always proving value to the customer. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms, and we continue to evolve. You'll find a bit of everything here, and we're always looking to take on new endeavors.
Want to partner in building a true agile ecosystem? Do you get your kicks from leading agile teams to a state of high performance? Or are you just sick of ridiculous bureaucracy and organizational constraints preventing you, your teams, and the rest of your current organization from getting to that next level of agile maturity?
Well, here’s an amazing opportunity that is sure to satisfy your servant leadership tendencies. At PEAK6 we are building Chicago’s finest and most adaptive scaled agile environment, and we need your help doing it! Agile values, principles, and behaviors are supported from both the top-down and bottom-up here. Naturally, having talented Scrum Masters to support us is key to our success!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Partnering with Development and Product leaders to improve overall effectiveness of Agile practice through mature use of Agile methods and tools.
- Identifying and implementing agile metrics such as velocity, story points and cycle time, to demonstrate progress and improvement in value delivery, team discovery efforts, and ensuring we have a healthy system of execution in place.
- Managing and ensuring healthy team dynamics while knowing how to coach and grow a high-performing team.
- Coaching, mentoring and reinforcing lean and Agile practices with Program teams, stakeholders and peers.
- Proactively communicating progress and decisions while showing visibility into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams.
- Building clear team level dependencies across technology and business teams for successful release of the product/platform.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- A BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master/Agile Coach for a software development team.
- Focus on design and user centric behaviors.
- A keen eye for delivery issues and risks, and a sense of urgency for removing blocks and driving continuous improvement.
- Experience supporting and educating Product Managers with respect to defining and prioritizing backlogs.
- Experience sharing insights into the team’s health, performance, and product discovery efforts, while facilitating sprint effectiveness.
- Strong skills in conflict resolution, empowerment, and increasing transparency and communication.
- A deep understanding and experience with multiple agile ways of working like; Scrum, Kanban, Lean Thinking, Lean Startup, and their application in product development.
- Experience in software development and/or automated testing.
- Experience working with high-performing teams in complex program execution.
- The ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the firm
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Scrum Master you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program