The SVP, Information Technology serves as the second-in-command and Chief Operating Officer for the IT organization. The SVP, Information Technology is a technical, operations-oriented role responsible for the design, development, release and maintenance of Apex’s Client-Facing and Corporate IT systems. He/she will build strong relationships with firm leaders and key stakeholders, work to drive innovation and differentiation in the IT strategy, and lead the evolution and adoption of emerging IT technologies throughout the firm.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Oversee the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics
- Partners with peers on IT architecture, infrastructure planning, and execution
- Responsible for the effective delivery of IT operations and production support, system and database administration, network operations, and end-user support
- Implements IT continuous-improvement programs while owning and enhancing enterprise guidelines
- Identifies and implements best practices for optimizing infrastructure and operations costs, improving system performance, and ensuring service-level requirements are met
- Plans, implements, directs and monitors the integration of new technologies and enterprise applications
- Manages IT resource requirements to ensure an appropriate balance between tactical and strategic priorities
- Directs teams of technical, professional and management staff in the successful fulfillment of IT service delivery
- Develops and manages strategic vendor and partnership relationships
- Negotiates contracts with vendors, and authorizes procurement
- Participates in the preparation and regular review of IT business plans, budgets, forecasts, and actual spends; drives change where necessary
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re a leader in the space. Apex is recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently. You’ll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers problems.
- Your work will have immediate impact. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes “predictable.” The job is based on the unknown which inevitably means change. If you like to know what you’re going to do every day, you may not like working on this team. You have to go with the flow here.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for our customers. We think two brains are better than one so we do most of our work together. Team work makes the dream work on this team.
- You’re a tech snob. We deal with all technology – Linux and Windows; .NET and Java; SQL and noSQL (mongoDB); RabbitMQ and other open source tools and libraries. We love technology and want to work with all of it. If you’re wed to a particular shop, you may not like working for us.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- BS or MS in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 15 or more years in IT
- 5+ years managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing key stakeholders
- Extensive experience in managing infrastructure and IT operations including, but no limited to, on premise and public cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure), colocation management, virtualization (e.g. VMware) and containers (e.g. Docker), Cisco and Palo Also network infrastructure, end-user technology (Windows and Macs in the enterprise), RDBMS (MSSQL), message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ), and data analytics and visualization
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Extensive knowledge of infrastructure planning and operations, design, and deployment
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies along with a desire to embrace these technologies, where applicable
- Experience managing production workloads on public cloud infrastructure, ideally GCP
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to improve operational efficiency, service delivery and information management across all lines of business and technology platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others